April Due Dates
Come back to this page frequently; new scholarships will be posted as they become available.
WIAA/Dairy Farmers of Washington/Gesa Credit Union Scholarship
- In conjunction with the WIAA, the Dairy Farmers of Washington and Gesa Credit Union proudly present the Smart Choices Scholarship Program. This annual program awards two (2) $5,000 scholarships and eight (8) $1,000 scholarships to graduating seniors from WIAA member high schools for excellence in athletics/activities, academics, leadership and community service throughout their high school careers.
- Applicants are required to fill out an online application that includes an essay question. Judging is based on the following criteria:
- Athletic/Activity Excellence (30%)
- Academic Achievement (30%)
- Leadership (20%)
- Citizenship/Community Service (10%)
- Originality/Creativity of the Essay (5%)
- Financial Need (5%)
- Applications can be submitted online at wiaa.com/smartchoices
- Deadline: April 1, 2021
Yakima Valley Construction Federation (Yakima Plan Center)
- Each year the Yakima Valley Construction Federation presents scholarships to eligible students in Central Washington.
- Each scholarship is awarded to a deserving graduate who is preparing for their career in the Construction Industry.
- Scholarship Applications are available at www.yakimaplancenter.com under Yakima Valley Construction Federation Scholarship. Applications are also in the high school career center.
- Deadline: April 1, 2021
Better Business Bureau Northwest-Pacific Scholarship
BBB Foundation offers the Students of Integrity Scholarships to recognize students who personify and communicate ethics in the real world, as demonstrated through leadership, community service, personal integrity, and academic accomplishments. Scholarships will be awarded to the winning applications submitted by high school juniors and senior students residing in Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington or Western Wyoming. Each winning essay will receive a $2,000 scholarship to the school of their choice.
- Applying for the Students of Integrity Scholarship includes writing an essay focused one of this year’s assigned topics. Application deadline is April 5, 2021.
- Apply at https://www.trust-bbb.org/scholarship-rules-and-regulations
- Deadline: April 5, 2021
The Pauline Kinghorn Memorial Scholarship established in 2021
- This new scholarship is available for Upper Kittitas County Students attending Cle Elum-Roslyn High School, Swiftwater, Easton, Thorp or qualified homeschooled students graduating in 2021.
- A lifelong resident of Cle Elum, Pauline Kinghorn is remembered as a dedicated 3rd and 4th grade teacher. A graduate of Cle Elum High school, Pauline attended Central Washington State College (now CWU), and retired after 33 years of teaching.
- There are two scholarships available. If there is enough interest, then one $2000.00 scholarship will be awarded to a student choosing Vocational Technical School and one $2000.00 scholarship will be awarded to a student attending a College or University,
- Applications available in the high school Career Center
- The deadline for the application is April 9, 2021.
Kittitas County 4-H Scholarships
- Have a cumulative high school/college GPA of 2.0 or better or equivalent.
- Be a member, or past member, of Kittitas County 4-H.
- Submit letter of application with application form.
- Submit a 2-page (maximum) essay on your 4-H experiences and how they have affected you, include adequate details of what 4-H has done to prepare you for the future.
- Submit two letters of recommendation-other than family members.
- Submit a resume that includes your 4-H involvement.
- Submit current transcripts.
- Submit previous year, or last one available, 4-H record book including up-to-date permanent record
- Applications available in the Career Center or online at https://s3.wp.wsu.edu/uploads/sites/2080/2021/02/kittitas-county-4-H-scholarship-app-and-criteria-2021-update.pdf
- Deadline: April 15, 2021
The Class of 54 Cle Elum Roslyn High School
- The Class of 54 from CERHS is offering a $1000 scholarship to a 2021 graduate of Cle Elum Roslyn High School, who will be attending an accredited college or trade school in the fall of 2021.
- Applications available in the high school career center.
- Deadline: April 21, 2021
Yakima Federal “Award for Academic Excellence”
Yakima Federal has established this award for the purpose of recognizing high academic achievers graduating from high school and a resident in Benton, Franklin, Kittitas or Yakima County. This year again we are granting a considerable number of $2,000 awards based on the following criteria:
- Top ten percent of graduating class; (Check with counseling office to see if you qualify and pick up application information).
- Community Service and Leadership activity within and outside the school environment;
- One-page Letter of Motivation outlining future plans, school and life experiences, including any challenges faced and overcome, the impact of receiving an award plus any additional information to support their selection for an award;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- Statement signed by school official indicating anticipated class rank.
- Deadline for receipt of applications is April 26, 2021
The Annual Howard Kelleher Memorial Scholarship
- MERIT Resource Services is offering four $1000.00 scholarships in honor of Howard Kelleher's lifetime achievements to deserving essay winners within the agency's service area (two in the Yakima County, one in Benton-Franklin Counties, one in Kittitas County).
- The scholarship will be awarded based on a competitive composition entitled "How big of a problem are alcohol and drugs in your School, how does it affect your community, and what can be done about it?"
- Applications available in the Career Center. Or at http://www.meritresources.org/h_kelleher_scholarship/
- Deadline: April 3, 2021
Upper Kittitas County Dollars for Scholars
The 2021 Scholarship Application System is now open: Upper Kittitas County high school students (including home-schooled students residing in UKC school districts) are now eligible to apply for scholarships to attend college or vocational schools.
Students who fill out one application profile on our ChapterNet Website: www.UKC.dollarsforscholars.org are eligible for local scholarships offered through UKC Dollars for Scholars® as well as thousands of other national scholarships available through our partnership with Scholarship America®. Eligibility is based on information you complete on your application profile. If you are eligible for an available scholarship (both local and national), you will be notified and directed, via your ChapterNet Dashboard, to provide further information according to the criteria of each individual scholarship. Directions are available through a link on our ChapterNet Website’s “Students & Parents” tab.
LOCAL SCHOLARSHIPS OFFERED:
- Upper Kittitas County Dollars for Scholars®: One or more annual or four-year renewable* scholarships for $1,000 or more will be awarded for college, university, or other post-secondary institutions.
- Cle Elum Kiwanis Scholarship: One or more annual or renewable scholarships for $500 or more will be awarded depending on available resources each year. Merit-based Scholarships awarded for college, university or vocational training.
- Cle Elum Kiwanis Ray Killian Memorial Scholarship: Single annual scholarship of $500. The applicant should display a strong interest in technology, ham radio operations, engineering and/or the military.
- Vocational/Technical Scholarship: One to Two year scholarship with amount based on applicant qualifications and funding available each year. Award based on applicant's overall evaluation, with an emphasis on clarity of career vision and demonstrated work ethic.
Deadline: April 15, 2021
Friends Of The Kittitas County Fair
Are offering scholarships to assist Kittitas County Students who are pursuing higher educational degrees
- Applicants must be a 2021 Kittitas County high school or home school graduate
- Applicants must be accepted by an accredited vocational/tech school, community college, college or university in fall 2021.
- Three (3) awards of $1,500 each will be granted towards school tuition and expenses.
- If chosen, proof of enrollment is required. Awards will be issued and administered to the school or college where the awardee is enrolled and will be credited to the students school account.
- Applications in the High School Career Center
- Deadline: April 15, 2021
WSADA Bright Future Scholarship
- Washington’s new car and truck dealers have worked hard to grow their businesses and are great employers who give back to their communities. A career as a dealership employee and/or automotive technician offers a bright future with outstanding opportunities and benefits, and we encourage you to consider employment at a new car and truck dealership as you complete your training and educational programs.
- Students enrolling or currently enrolled in an automotive technology program in Washington State are eligible to apply for this scholarship. In addition, high school seniors who are an employee of a WSADA-member dealership, or an immediate family member of a WSADA-member dealership employee are also eligible.
- The 2021 WSADA Bright Future scholarship is OPEN. Apply at http://www.wsada.org/community/scholarships
- Deadline: Submissions must be postmarked by April 23, 2021
- Please mail your applications to:
- WSADA “Bright Future” Scholarship Program
- c/o College Planning Network
- 43 Bentley Place, Port Townsend, WA 98368
- To submit an electronic application, please visit theWashBoard.org website and search for “New Car and Truck Dealers”.
Community Foundation of Kittitas County
- The Community Foundation of Kittitas County offers a total of 5 scholarships valued at One Thousand Dollars ($1,000 each) to high school graduates from within Kittitas County.
- Must be enrolled full time in a Kittitas County High School with a minimum of a 3.00 GPA.
- Must exhibit good character, morals and should be involved in community service activities outside the high school environment.
- Applications available in the Career Center.
- Deadline: April 30, 2021
PEO Chapter DN Scholarships
- PEO is offering a Helen Michaelson Scholarship for $500 is in memory of Helen Michaelson, who developed the Home Economics program at Central Washington University. Available to a 2021 graduating senior woman.
- Application Link
- Applications available in the Career Center or by emailing a request for application to email@example.com
- Deadline: April 30, 2021
Please note: This posting includes only those scholarship applications sent directly to Cle Elum Roslyn High School from local and national organizations. There are many more scholarships available than listed here.
- Counseling & Guidance Resources (opens in new window)
- Scholarship Postings
- Course Descriptions 2020/21 (opens in new window)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.