March Due Dates
Come back to this page frequently; new scholarships will be posted as they become available.
American Indian Endowed Scholarship Application
- Have demonstrated financial need (per FAFSA, as determined by the college financial aid office)
- Be a Washington resident
- Have a close social and cultural ties to an American Indian tribe or community in Washington State
- Plan to enroll as a full-time student at an eligible Washington college or university by fall term of the award year
- Intend to use his or her education to benefit the American Indian community in Washington
- Have not received a total of five years of this scholarship
- Application at https://wsac.wa.gov/american-indian-endowed-scholarship and click "How do i apply?"
Deadline: March 1, 2021
Microsoft Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
This scholarship will be awarded to promising high school seniors with disabilities who plan to attend a vocational or academic college and target a career in the technology industry. The scholarships are renewable – each winner who continues to meet the criteria is eligible to receive an annual award of $5,000 for up to four (4) consecutive years for a potential total $20,000 scholarship.
- To be considered for the Microsoft Disability Scholarship, you must:
- Be a current high school senior living with a disability (as defined by WHO), whether that be visual, hearing, mobility, cognitive, speech or other disability.
- Plan to attend an undergraduate program in a 2 or 4-year University/College or Technical College in the fall of the academic year following high-school graduation. Schools must be in the USA or have a USA-Affiliate for financial transactions (contact Seattle Foundation to verify non-USA school’s eligibility).
- Declare an approved major in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, law, business, or a related field (e.g. paralegal, pre-law, finance, business administration, or marketing).
- Demonstrate a passion for technology.
- Demonstrate leadership at school and/or in the community.
- Have a high school cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Require financial assistance to attend college.
- Enrollment status must be full-time or half-time.
- Get more details at this webpage http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/diversity/programs/microsoftdisabilityscholarship.aspx
- Deadline: March 1, 2021
The Washington Apple Education Foundation (WAEF) Scholarships
Students raised in families with direct ties to Washington’s tree fruit industry are eligible to apply. Ties to the industry are created through immediate family member or personal employment in an apple, cherry or pear orchard or warehouse in Washington, immediate family ownership of an apple, cherry or pear orchard or warehouse in Washington or immediate family employment in a company directly serving the apple, cherry or pear industry in Washington. Employment must be current and to have been ongoing for a minimum of 12 consecutive months. Additionally, students with a desire to work for Washington’s tree fruit industry may also qualify. Individual scholarships may each have more specific qualifications.
Apply and/or get more information at www.waef.org
- Deadline: March 1, 2021
In 2021, the AWS Foundation will award more than $1.5 million in scholarships!
- If you are currently enrolled, or will soon enroll, in a welding program or a related field, then consider applying for our scholarships.
- Scholarships are available for students attending trade schools, community colleges, and four-year universities. An AWS Foundation scholarship can be the extra push that helps you fulfill your goals!
- AWS Foundation Scholarships are for tuition, fees, books, supplies, or equipment required for the course of instruction. Scholarship awards will be sent directly to the academic or training institution.
Applications open for 2021-22 Scholarships
Deadline to apply for National, District, and Section Scholarships
Selections made for National and District Scholarships
Selections made for Section Scholarships
WSSR (Washington State School Retirees’ Association) Scholarships
- The WSSR is pleased to invite seniors to apply for the following scholarships:
- Sixteen (16) Robert J Handy Scholarships in the amount of $900 per year, renewable for a total of 4 years
- Eight (8) WSSR-Foundation Scholarships -- a one-time scholarship in the amount of $2,500 each
- Two (2) Gene Forrester memorial Scholarships - $2000 each will be given to students who will major in Agricultural Education at Washington State University.
- The Washington State School Retirees' Association (WSRRA) invites senior students who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher to apply for the above scholarships. These awards are given to students who plan to have a career in the "field of education".
- The scholarship applications and complete instructions for filling-out and submitting it can be accessed at www.wssra.org. under the foundation tab.
- The forms must be filled out online, and mailed to WSSRA, PO Box 5127, lacey, WA 98509
- For an application to be eligible for consideration, the application must be in approved form, must follow all directions precisely, and be postmarked by March 1, 2021.
- Deadline: March 1, 2021
Kelly Foundation of Washington Ewing C. Kelly Scholarship
- This scholarship is designed to reward students who demonstrate good citizenship while striving to attain their academic goals.
- Applicants will be judged on their academic merit, extra-curricular achievements—both scholastically and in their community—and financial need.
Paper applications are in the career center. Or download a fillable application on line at:
- Link to the 2020/21 Manual Form (to print, then handwrite answers, and mail-in):http://kellyfoundationwashington.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Official-Ewing-C-Kelly-Scholarship-Application-10-03-2020.pdf or
- Link to the 2020/21 Fillable Form (can type directly in the document, then print, and mail-in):http://kellyfoundationwashington.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Official-Ewing-C-Kelly-Scholarship-Application-10-03-2020-form.pdf
- Please read the application carefully. It contains 3 information pages, 2 financial assessment pages, a checklist and a page including tips for letters of recommendation. It must be accompanied by transcript, personal statement and 3 letters of recommendation. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- All materials must be submitted by applicant and postmarked by March 10.
- Deadline: March 10, 2021
Shoemaker/ Rudy and Patti Hein Memorial Scholarship
- The Rudy and Patti Hein Memorial Scholarship was created to encourage students to seek and achieve continuing education at any university, college or vocational school.
- This scholarship will be awarded on a competitive (merit) and need basis to eligible applicants.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Graduating in 2021 from an Upper Kittitas County high school. Home-schooled students also eligible.
- Must meet admission requirements of college or vocational school in order to receive scholarship funds.
- Must plan to complete a program leading to a terminal degree, a certificate or professionally recognized program in a field of study.
- Must plan to enroll in a qualified program on a full-time basis.
- Must demonstrate the following qualities: character, citizenship, academic ability, leadership and self-reliance.
- Applications are available for pick up in the High School Career Center.
Deadline: Friday, March 26, 2021
The Rita Lowe Washington State Mathematics Council (WSMC) & PSCTM Scholarship-High School Division
Description and Eligibility
- This scholarship is endowed by the estate of Rita Lowe, a former Renton mathematics educator, WSMC board member, and PSCTM president.
- Up to four scholarships of $1000 each will be awarded in 2021 to graduating high school students.
- Any senior graduating from a high school in Washington State who is planning to attend a college or university within Washington and is planning to major in Mathematics Education and pursue teaching certification to become a mathematics educator is eligible to apply.
- In selecting the recipients, the committee will give consideration to academic achievement, demonstrated intent to pursue mathematics education, academic potential, and character and leadership potential.
- The application form may be accessed online at www.wsmc.net.
- Deadline: March 15, 2021
Swauk Teanaway Grange Agriculture Scholarship
- To be eligible, you must be a high school senior or enrolled in a home school program in Kittitas County and be graduating in 2021.
- An agricultural background or history of participation in agricultural activities (4-H, FFA, farming, ranching,etc.)
- Community involvement, including volunteerism, community service, church, service groups, civic groups, etc. Includes work experience.
- Applications are in the Career Center and are also available on our website www.SwaukTeanawayGrange.com
- Deadline: March 15, 2021
Swauk-Teanaway Grange Trades Related Scholarship
The Grange supports the preparation of high school graduates in Kittitas County for employment in trades such as plumbing, construction--electrical, sheet rock, iron work, graphics, culinary.
- Qualifications for applying for this scholarship are:
- An interest in developing job preparation skills for a trade upon graduation
- Graduation from a high school or home-school program in Kittitas County
- Community, volunteer, and/or school involvement, including leadership experience
- Plans to enroll in a trades-related program in the fall
- Applications in the Career Center or www.SwaukTeanawayGrange.com
- Deadline: March 15, 2021
Kittitas County field & Stream Club Scholarship
- The scholarship is available to a graduating high school senior from Cle Elum-Roslyn, Easton, Ellensburg, Kittitas, or Thorp High School who plans to attend an accredited Vocational School, Community College, College, or University with the intent to pursue a career in fish, wildlife, or habitat management (including wildlife or habitat enforcement)..
- Applications available in the Career Center or by emailing a request for application to email@example.com
- Application Link
- Deadline: March15, 2021
Rotary Club of Upper Kittitas County
The Rotary Club of Upper Kittitas County is accepting applications for its Scholarship Award Program. Scholarships are made available through the generosity of others through Rotary’s fund raisers, our annual golf tournament, in partnership with our neighbors that live in Suncadia, Central Washington University Foundation, and Shoemaker Foundation.
- All students attending Cle Elum-Roslyn, Easton and other Upper Kittitas County high school programs, including home-school programs, are eligible and encouraged to apply. We are looking for students who can demonstrate a quality of community service that meets the Rotary Standard of Service Above Self. Qualified applications for students who will be attending a vocational, technical, 2-year, or 4-year program are accepted.
- While we accept all qualified applicants regardless of preferred school, recognizing that unique programs of study may require out-of-state programs, preference is given to applicants who will attend in-state public schools.
- Central Washington University Foundation will match up to $2,500 per year of UKC Rotary scholarship awards to students attending CWU, up to four years. The Economist magazine placed CWU ahead of all Washington colleges in a ranking measuring economic impact on graduates (value for the money). At a time when 7 out of 10 US college grads have debt of $30,000 or more, the Foundation’s match brings the dream of a college education with little to no debt, well within reach.
- Must complete Application Form and include all of the required items with their submission; transcript, service activities, extracurricular activities, future plans, objective(s) and goals, and essay. All work submitted must be applicants own work.
While all students attending CWU will be eligible for the CWU Foundation match, qualifying students may be given a four-year Tuition Full-Ride Scholarship that covers up to 100% of CWU published cost of tuition for full-time in-state students. This exciting scholarship is funded by a collaboration between the Shoemaker Foundation, Rotary Club and the CWU Foundation. The collaboration could work in many different ways, but the end result is the same--a tuition Full-Ride Scholarship. Applicants for this award must apply to both the Rotary club and the Shoemaker Foundation scholarship.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend a UKC Rotary Club meeting by April 7, 2021.
Applications are available in the high school Career Center.
- Deadline: March 22, 2021
The George and Dorothy Marsden Scholarship Fund
The George and Dorothy Marsden Scholarship Fund was established by Mrs. Marsden to help academically promising students from the Inland Northwest maximize their potential at the world’s best colleges and universities. Up to two new Marsden Scholars are named each spring from high school seniors whose permanent legal residence is within the Episcopal Diocese of Spokane, and a number of scholarships are renewed.
- To be eligible for consideration an applicant must:
- Have a permanent legal residence within the Episcopal Diocese of Spokane (the state of Washington east of the Cascades and the state of Idaho north of the Salmon River)
- Have submitted a completed application on current year online form by March 31
- Have arranged for all references to be submitted by March 31
- Be a high school senior
- NOTE: You do not have to be a member of an Episcopal church or any faith community
- For more information visit http://stjohns-cathedral.org/marsden-scholarship
- Deadline: Open February 1, 2021 Closes March 31, 2021
Washington State Snowmobile Association Scholarship (WSSA)
- The applicant must be a member of the Washington State Snowmobile Association.
- The applicant must submit the completed WSSA application form.
- The applicant must submit a resume detailing his/her involvement in snowmobiling as well as extra-curricular activities.
- The applicant must include an essay (see subject in current application). The essay should be a minimum of 2 pages double-space and typed. Keep in mind that a well-researched, comprehensive essay will undoubtedly be significantly longer and we certainly encourage that.
- For a copy of the application go to https://www.wssa.us/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=431529&module_id=64921
- Deadline: March 31, 2021
Washington Masonic Charities
Washington Masonic Charites provides higher education scholarships exclusively for high school seniors who are deserving members of our Masonic family or Masonic Youth Orders to pursue college, university, or vocational/technical education after high school. These scholarships are not open to the general public.
Masonic Legacy Scholarship – $3,750 each--Washington Masonic Charities is proud to offer four $3,750 regional scholarships for high school senior –aged children, grandchildren or dependents of a Washington Mason in Good Standing.
Masonic Youth Order Scholarships – $3,000 each--Supporting our Masonic Youth is a priority of Washington Masonic Charities. Washington Masonic Charities is pleased to provide one $3,000 scholarship each for a Washington resident youth member of Rainbow, Job’s Daughters or DeMolay
- The application is on-line at www.washboard.org. Enter Washington Masonic Charities in the search bar.
- More information at https://www.wa-masoniccharities.org/program-and-services/children-youth-programs/scholarships/
- Deadline: March 31, 2021
P1FCU will award fifteen (15) $1,000 scholarships for the 2021-2022 school year. We will honor those students who demonstrate academic excellence and exhibit outstanding contributions to their community and school. A selection committee consisting of a P1FCU board member, executive management, and employees will review each application and score based application criteria as well as quality of resume, cover letter or video.
- 2021 high school graduate with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Acceptance as a full-time student at a college or university.
- P1FCU primary member in good standing
- The 2021 P1FCU scholarship application is now available online at https://www.p1fcu.org/scholarships
- Deadline: March 31, 2021
Please note: This posting includes only those scholarship applications sent directly to Cle Elum Roslyn High School from local and national organizations. There are many more scholarships available than listed here.
- Counseling & Guidance Resources (opens in new window)
- Scholarship Postings
- Course Descriptions 2020/21 (opens in new window)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.