The Washington Apple Education Foundation (WAEF) Scholarships
- WAEF donors make educational dreams come true for kids raised in tree fruit industry communities. Children of growers, farmworkers, warehouse employees and others connected to the state's apple, cherry and pear crops qualify for these valuable scholarships. For further information contact WAEF at 509-663-7713
- Apply at www.waef.org
- Deadline: March 1, 2020
In 2020, the AWS Foundation will award more than $1.5 million in scholarships!
- If you are currently enrolled, or will soon enroll, in a welding program or a related field, then consider applying for our scholarships.
- Scholarships are available for students attending trade schools, community colleges, and four-year universities. An AWS Foundation scholarship can be the extra push that helps you fulfill your goals!
- AWS Foundation Scholarships are for tuition, fees, books, supplies, or equipment required for the course of instruction. Scholarship awards will be sent directly to the academic or training institution.
Applications open for 2020-21 Scholarships
Apply online at scholarship.aws.org
Deadline to apply for National, District, and Section Scholarships
Selections made for National and District Scholarships
Selections made for Section Scholarships
WSSR (Washington State School Retirees’ Association) Scholarships
- The WSSR is pleased to invite seniors to apply for the following scholarships:
- Sixteen (16) Robert J Handy Scholarships in the amount of $900 per year, renewable for a total of 4 years
- Eight (8) WSSR-Foundation Scholarships -- a one time scholarship in the amount of $2,500 each
- Two (2) Gene Forrester memorial Scholarships - $2000 each will be given to students who will major in Agricultural Education at Washington State University.
- The Washington State School Retirees' Association (WSRRA) invites senior students who have a GPA of 3.0 or higher to apply for the above scholarships. These awards are given to students who plan to have a career in the "field of education".
- The scholarship applications and complete instructions for filling-out and submitting it can be accessed at www.wssra.org. under the foundation tab.
- The forms must be filled out online, printed and mailed to the WSSRA District Representative for the student's area. The district Representative's name and address will be displayed once the student has entered the zip code where requested for his/her school.
- For an application to be eligible for consideration, the application must be in approved form, must follow all directions precisely, and be postmarked by March 1, 2020.
- Deadline: March 1, 2020
YVBOA/CWBO Basketball Officials Scholarship
- The YVBOA and the CWBO are offering an annual Student Athlete Sportsmanship Scholarship in the amount of $250 for a male student athlete and $250 for a female student athlete.
- The eligibility criteria are:
- A resident of Washington State
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Participated in HS Varsity basketball for a WIAA school whos home games are officiated by either the YVBOA or CWBO
- Be nominated by her/his Coach or Athletic Director with a letter of recommendation covering Sportsmanship, Leadership, GPA Verification and identifying other relevant Co-Curricular and Leadership Activities.
- If you are interested, contact your coach or Athletic Director
- Deadline: March 1, 2020
Microsoft Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- The disAbility Scholarship at Microsoft delivers on the mission of Microsoft’s cross disability employee resource group to empower and enable people with disabilities. This scholarship enables high school students with disabilities to go to college and target a career in the technology industry. In addition, we hope to contribute to increasing the pool of persons living with a disability enrolling in higher education and, in the long term, decrease the unemployment bias for this demographic.
- This scholarship will be awarded to promising high school seniors who plan to attend a vocational or academic college and have a financial need. The amount of this renewable scholarship to be awarded is $5,000 per year, up to $20,000 total, which is paid through the Seattle Foundation on behalf of the disAbility Employee Resource Group (ERG) at Microsoft to the recipient’s school’s Financial Aid Office.
- Get more details at this webpage http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/diversity/programs/microsoftdisabilityscholarship.aspx
- Deadline: March 1, 2020
Kelly Foundation of Washington Ewing C. Kelly Scholarship
- This scholarship is designed to reward students who demonstrate good citizenship while striving to attain their academic goals.
- Applicants will be judged on their academic merit, extra-curricular achievements—both scholastically and in their community—and financial need.
- Students must have received a 20 composite on the ACT or a composite score of 1030 on the new revised SAT if planning to attend a 4-year school.
- Paper applications are in the career center. Or download a fillable application on line at kellyfoundationwashington.org. Please read the application carefully. It contains 3 information pages, 2 financial assessment pages, a checklist and a page including tips for letters of recommendation. It must be accompanied by transcript, SAT and/or ACT scores, personal statement and 3 letters of recommendation. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- All materials must be submitted by applicant and postmarked by March 10.
- Must file a FAFSA by March 7, 2020
- Deadline: March 10, 2020
Shoemaker/ Rudy and Patti Hein Memorial Scholarship
- The Rudy and Patti Hein Memorial Scholarship was created to encourage studnets to seek and achieve continuing education at any university, college or vocational school.
- This scholarship will be awarded on a competitive and need basis to eligible applicants.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- 2020 high school graduate
- Must meet admission requirements of college or vocational school in order to receive scholarship funds.
- Must plan to complete a program leading to a terminal degree, a certificate or professionally recognized program in a field of study.
- Must plan to enroll in a qualified program on a full-time basis.
- Must demonstrate the following qualities: character, citizenship, academic ability, leadership and self-reliance.
- Applications are available for pick up in the High School Career Center. Or on-line at www.shoemakermfg.com.
Deadline: March 13, 2020
Swauk Teanaway Grange Scholarship
- To be eligible, you must be a high school senior or enrolled in a home school program in Kittitas county and be graduating in 2019.
- An agricultural background or history of participation in agricultural activities (4-H, FFA, farming, ranching,etc.)
- Community involvement, including volunteerism, community service, church, service groups, civic grups, etc. Includes work experience.
- Applications are in the Career Center and are also available on our website www.SwaukTeanawayGrange.com
- Deadline: March 14, 2020
Kittitas County field & Stream Club Scholarship
- The scholarship is available to a graduating high school senior from Cle Elum-Roslyn, Easton, Ellensburg, Kittitas, or Thorp High School who plans to attend an accredited Vocational School, Community College, College, or University with the intent to pursue a career in fish, wildlife, or habitat management (including wildlife or habitat enforcement)..
- Applications available in the Career Center or by emailing a request for application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: March15, 2021
Better Business Bureau Northwest-Pacific Scholarship
- BBB Foundation offers the Students of Integrity Scholarships to recognize students who personify and communicate ethics in the real world, as demonstrated through leadership, community service, personal integrity, and academic accomplishments. Scholarships will be awarded to the winning applications submitted by high school juniors and senior students residing in Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington or Western Wyoming.
- One student will receive a $5,000 scholarship-applicants must produce a 90-second video. See website for details.
- Six students will receive a $2,000 scholarship-applicants must write a 500-word essay for BBB's online magazine Torch Talk. See website for details.
- Apply at www.bbb-scholarship.org
- Deadline: March 16, 2020
Upper Kittitas County Rotary Club
The Rotary Club of Upper Kittitas County is accepting applications for its Scholarship Award Program. Scholarships are made available through the generosity of others through Rotary’s fund raisers, our annual golf tournament, in partnership with our neighbors that live in Suncadia, Central Washington University Foundation, and Shoemaker Foundation.
- All students attending Cle Elum-Roslyn, Thorp, Easton and other Upper Kittitas County high school programs, including home-school programs, are eligible and encouraged to apply. We are looking for students who can demonstrate a quality of community service that meets the Rotary Standard of Service Above Self. Qualified applications for students who will be attending a vocational, technical, 2-year, or 4-year program are accepted.
- While we accept all qualified applicants regardless of preferred school, recognizing that unique programs of study may require out-of-state programs, preference is given to applicants who will attend in-state public schools.
- Central Washington University Foundation will match up to $2,500 per year of UKC Rotary scholarship awards to students attending CWU, up to four years. The Economist magazine placed CWU ahead of all Washington colleges in a ranking measuring economic impact on graduates (value for the money). At a time when 7 out of 10 US college grads have debt of $30,000 or more, the Foundation’s match brings brings the dream of a college education with little to no debt, well within reach.
- Must complete Application Form and include all of the required items with their submission; transcript, service activities, extracurricular activities, future plans, objective(s) and goals, and essay. All work submitted must be applicants own work.
While all students attending CWU will be eligible for the CWU Foundation match, qualifying students may be given a four-year Tuition Full-Ride Scholarship that covers up to 100% of CWU published cost of tuition for full-time in-state students. This exciting scholarship is funded in part by the Shoemaker Foundation, which will add $2,500 to the full matched grant of $5,000 for four years. Last, UKC Rotary will offer a “gap-filler” to pay for any remaining tuition (after all other waivers and grants are applied). Indicate on your application form if you would like to be considered for this extraordinary Tuition Full-Ride Scholarship.
Applicants must attend a UKC Rotary Club meeting by April 8, 2020. Due to school closures it's OK if you do not attend.
Applications and program information available at http://www.ukcrotary.com/ or paper applications are available in the Career Center.
- Deadline: March 23, 2020
- Upper Kittitas County Scholarship is still accepting applications! Due to school closures, applications will continue to be accepted, students are encouraged to apply. If you have any questions please contact Erica Browitt at email@example.com.
Upper Kittitas County Dollars for Scholars
The 2020Scholarship Application System is now open: Upper Kittitas County high school students (including home-schooled students residing in UKC school districts) are now eligible to apply for scholarships to attend college or vocational schools.
Students who fill out one application profile on our ChapterNet Website: www.UKC.dollarsforscholars.org are eligible for local scholarships offered through UKC Dollars for Scholars® as well as thousands of other national scholarships available through our partnership with Scholarship America®. Eligibility is based on information you complete on your application profile. If you are eligible for an available scholarship (both local and national), you will be notified and directed, via your ChapterNet Dashboard, to provide further information according to the criteria of each inpidual scholarship. Directions are available through a link on our ChapterNet Website’s “Students & Parents” tab.
LOCAL SCHOLARSHIPS OFFERED:
Upper Kittitas County Dollars for Scholars®: One or more annual or four-year renewable* scholarships for $1,000 or more will be awarded for college, university, or other post-secondary institutions.
Cle Elum Kiwanis Scholarship: One or more annual or renewable scholarships for $500 or more will be awarded depending on available resources each year. Merit-based Scholarships awarded for college, university or vocational training.
Cle Elum Kiwanis Ray Killian Memorial Scholarship: Single annual scholarship of $500. The applicant should display a strong interest in technology, ham radio operations, engineering and/or the military.
Vocational/Technical Scholarship: One to Two year scholarship with amount based on applicant qualifications and funding available each year. Award based on applicant's overall evaluation, with an emphasis on clarity of career vision and demonstrated work ethic.
Deadline: March 27, 2020
The George and Dorothy Marsden Scholarship Fund
- The Marsden Scholarship helps academically promising students from eastern Washington attend top quality institutions that would otherwise be cost prohibitive.
- The scholarship is for $30,000 over four years with satisfactory progress toward a degree.
- For more information visit http://stjohns-cathedral.org/marsden-scholarship
- Deadline: Open February 1, 2020 Closes March 31, 2020
Washington State Snowmobile Association Scholarship (WSSA)
- The applicant must be a member of the Washington State Snowmobile Association.
- The applicant must submit the completed WSSA application form.
- The applicant must submit a resume detailing his/her involvement in snowmobiling as well as extra-curricular activities.
- The applicant must include an essay (see subject in current application). The essay should be a minimum of 2 pages double-space and typed. Keep in mind that a well-researched, comprehensive essay will undoubtedly be significantly longer and we certainly encourage that.
- For a copy of the application go to https://www.wssa.us/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=431529&module_id=64921
- Deadline: March 31, 2020
Washington Masonic Charities Scholarships
Washington Masonic Charites provides higher education scholarships exclusively for high school seniors who are deserving members of our Masonic family or Masonic Youth Orders to pursue college, university, or vocational/technical education after high school. These scholarships are not open to the general public.
Who Can Apply-Open to public, private and home school senior-aged students
Masonic Legacy Scholarships
· Child, grand child or dependent of a Washington Mason in good standing
Masonic Youth Order Scholarships .
· Be an active member of DeMolay, Rainbow, or Job’s Daughters
· Recommendation by Chapter Dad, Mother Advisor or Bethel Guardian
How to Apply
· Go to www.washboard.org
· Sign up for a washboard.org account
· Enter Washington Masonic Charities in the search bar
· Select either Legacy, DeMolay, Rainbow, or Job’s Daughter application
· Open & complete the application
· upload a few items like transcripts, letters of recommendation, and work history.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2020