October Due Dates
Come back to this page frequently; new scholarships will be posted as they become available.
Washington State University Regents Scholarship Program
- WSU’s Regents Scholarship Program which awards scholarships of $4,000 a year for 4 years at WSU. For the most recent information please go to https://admission.wsu.edu/scholarships/washington-residents/regents/
- High Schools in the state of Washington are invited to nominate two seniors from their schools who meet the minimum criteria.
- Students start here at this website to check eligibility to apply: https://sfsapps.em.wsu.edu/RSP/Home/EligibilityChart.
- Cumulative GPA SAT Score ACT Score
- 3.5 - 3.59 1200 25
- 3.6 - 3.69 1160 24
- 3.7 - 3.79 1120 22
- 3.8 - 3.89 1080 21
- 3.9 -3.99 1040 20
- 4.00 1000 19
- Compare your GPA and test scores to those posted on the website. If you qualify, then you may contact Mrs. Brooks for a nomination. Since Cle Elum Roslyn High School may only nominate 2 Seniors, those seniors who would like to be considered for one of the two nominations for this scholarship award may need to complete a separate application.
- Deadline: September 10, 2020
The Horatio Alger Scholarship
- Students must have significant financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income) and have exhibited integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity.
- Hold a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
- Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor's degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studies at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution).
- Be involved in co-curricular and community service activities.
- Be a United States Citizen
- Apply at scholars.horatioalger.org
- Deadline: October 25, 2020
U.S. Bank Scholarship Program (2019 U.S. Bank “Student Union Scholarship Sweepstakes”)
- Complete a series of Financial Genius for Life online learning modules for a chance to win. Seniors may register to win $5,000, $10,000 or $20,000 in scholarships.
- PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Assuming sufficient eligible entries are received, the following prizes are available to be awarded, subject to verification and compliance of potential winners: Second Prizes (3): a $5,000 Scholarship Award. First Prize (1): a $10,000 Scholarship Award. Grand Prize (1): a $20,000 Scholarship Award.
- Apply at https://www.usbank.com/community/financial-education/scholarship.html
- Deadline: October 30, 2020
Coca Cola Scholarship
- The Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation invests in exceptional students who are dedicated to leadership, service, and action that positively affects others.
- Know a high school senior who fits the bill? Encourage them to apply for one of 150 college scholarships worth $20,000
- Go to https://www.coca-colascholarsfoundation.org/apply/?SFMC_cid=EM206130-&rid=47718846 for more information.
- Deadline: October 31, 2020, at 5 P.M... ET.
Zombie Apocalypse Halloween Scholarship
- A $2000 scholarship open to students grades 9-12.
- In 250 words or less submit a response to the question: "Imagine that your high school or college has been overrun with zombies. Your math professor, the cafeteria ladies, and even your best friend have all joined the walking dead.
- Flesh out a plan to avoid the zombies, including where you’d hide and the top-five things you’d bring to stay alive."
- Apply at https://www.unigo.com/scholarships/ourscholarships/zombie-apocalypse-scholarship
- Deadline: October 31, 2020
Please note: This posting includes only those scholarship applications sent directly to Cle Elum Roslyn High School from local and national organizations. There are many more scholarships available than listed here.
- Counseling & Guidance Resources (opens in new window)
- Scholarship Postings
- Course Descriptions 2020/21 (opens in new window)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.